Canadian Space Agency and is now installed on the ISS
Here is a nice article.
And another article.
- 1. NASA now has
a new two armed space-station
manipulator called Dextre. Dextre was
528KB image (* NEW *)
- 2. NASA now has an EAP (Electro-Active Polymer) head project.
- This is a project funded by JPL in Pasadena, CA. The head was
- sculpted by David
David Hanson of UTD.
- 3. NASA's space android called Robonaut.
- This is a project at Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX which is
- under the direction of Robert Savely. It has been underway for
- about 2.5 years. They have a staff of
about 25. Robonaut's hands
- have 14 DOF
each. I wonder how much it cost?
- 4. NASA has a small project at the Johnson Space Center called
- for Dexterous Anthropomorphic Robotic Testbed. It has a head with
- two eyes and two rather clumsy arms with three fingered hands.
16K image (beware their image is 430K)
- 5. NASA has an entertainment android called EVA at the Johnson Space
- Center in Houston (Clear Lake
actually), TX. It is a female android.
- Her head has 3 DOF and she has two arms ending in fully
- articulated 5 fingered hands. Unfortunately, due to EVA being
- in a darkened room, I couldn't get very good pictures of her.
More NASA links
1. NASA has a great page dealing with Human Spaceflight
- 2. NASA Telerobotics page of Internet Robotics Resources
- This one has an excellent list of University programs in North America
- 3. NASA Robot Web Links
- Here are a bunch of robots NASA has built for various projects.
- 4. NASA Robotics site.
- This is an educational website with activities for students and
- teachers, videos of robotics competition, and cool robot links.
- This link was sent in by Jacob Bowland.
- 5. NASA Space Center, Houston (Clear Lake), TX
- 6. NASA Headquarters - Washington DC
- 7. Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX
- 8. Kennedy Space Center, Florida
- 9. JPL, (Jet Propulsion Lab), Pasadena, CA
- 10. JPL Robotics Links
- Here are a bunch of robots JPL has built for various projects.
- 10. WHOLE TREE
of NASA links.